" Some cities are likely to recover more quickly from the housing downturn than others. Forbes magazine has identified the top 10 cities that it believes are poised for recovery by examining unemployment figures, projected gross domestic product from Moody’s Economy.com, and housing affordability data from the National Association of Home Builders. Overall, cities most likely to recover first are those with strong technology capabilities.Here is Forbes’ top 10:
- Austin-Roundrock, Texas
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.
- Boulder, Colo.
- Huntsville, Ala.
- San Antonio, Texas
- Mobile, Ala.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, D.C.-Va.-Md.-W.Va.
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Wash."
Source: Forbes, Joshua Zumbrun (6/10/09) via Realtor Magazine Online