As the masses of IU students return to Bloomington, some will be closing on new homes to live in during their time in Bloomington. Currently there are 129 Pending transactions for single family homes in Bloomington. Here are the numbers for these houses:
- Average list price: $210,610
- Highest list price: $1,300,000 (I'm guessing not a student...)
- Average number of bedrooms: 3
- Average number of baths: 2
- Average price per square foot: $99
- Average days on the market: 122
This last number, average days on the market, is an important one to keep track of. Currently it is taking an average of four months for a property to sell. Ideally that number should be 60 days for a truly healthy housing market where there is a balance between a buyer's market and a seller's market.