Mayor Mark Kruzan and the city of Bloomington have just released the 2009-2010 Strategic Plan for the city. This is a 21 page comprehensive study on where the city is now, where it is planning on going and more importantly, how to get there. Follow this link to see the full report: http://bloomington.in.gov/strategicplan
Here is just a sample of where the City of Bloomington is now:
• National Gold-Medal Award winning Parks and Recreation Department.
• The state’s “Best Walking City” by Prevention magazine.
• #6 among top 2007 Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine.
• A community with 18,000 public trees, 40 parks and2,300 acres of City-owned green space.
• Tree City designee for the past quarter century.
• IU-Bloomington named Tree Campus USA by the Arbor Day Foundation.
• Awarded first annual “Green Community of the Year” by Indiana Association of Cities and Towns.
• Top 20 best cities in America for doing business by Inc. Magazine.
• #7 Best Performing City in 2007 by the Milken Institute for our concentration of high-tech jobs.
• Number one gay and lesbian friendly small town by Advocate.com.